Karen J. Caturan
Retail Operations Experience
Retail Operations Experience
FORMALLY MODERN TUXEDO, Chicago, IL
Management Trainee & Retail Sales Associate
March 2017 – June 2017
Outfitted wedding parties, prom students, and men attending special events in elegant attire. Measured customers with a tape measure. Processed, prepared, and completed orders for customers. Assisted with alterations such as pulling out hems and using the blind stitch sewing machine for hems. Organized the shoe sizes and cleaned shoes. Followed quality service standards and complied with procedures, rules, and regulations. Completed necessary paperwork for the accuracy of transactions.
MICHAELS, Glenview, IL
Sales Associate / Replenishment Associate
August 2013 - March 2014
Performed cash register operations and mainly activities in the front of the store. Ensured security of the assets of Michaels which includes cash, checks, media, and merchandise. Re-stocked un-purchased or returned items. Straightened the floor at closing to ensure the store was organized and presentable. Provided support to customers regarding locating items and assistance in the website mobile capabilities. Executed tasks in receiving, replenishment, and merchandise placement which had to be done at 4:00 am in the morning and be completed by opening for the day.
- Persistently asked customers to collect email information, of which my email percentage collection rate was noted by the District Manager at one point.
- Worked under pressure when computer register operating system was down and only one computer could be in use in the early morning at opening hours of one day of the holiday season.
URBAN OUTFITTERS, Chicago (Wicker Park) / Oak Brook (Oakbrook Mall), IL
March 2006 - June 2006, March 2010 - September 2010
Provided customers with service, recommending items based on customer preferences and size requirements, especially in the fitting rooms. Maintained visuals with impeccable folding standards which drew the attention of customers. Handled cash drawers accurately which were proven when the cash drawer was balanced after every shift.
- Active sales team member for Oak Brook location which produced the highest sales volume at one point during the Back-To-School Promotional Sales Period for one week.
- Physically contributed to the opening of the new Wicker Park store location in 2006.
MACY’S, Chicago (State Street), IL
September 2007 - February 2008
Maintained knowledge of Coach purses and accessories sold at Macy’s State Street location, Chicago’s flagship store, to assist customers and deliver customer service during the extremely busy holiday season.
- Entrusted by the supervisor to re-organize inventory in the three back-stock locations, ultimately increasing efficiency in customer service so co-workers can find and locate purses where they should belong because Coach purses are sold most usually pulled from back-stock to be untouched and “fresh” instead of being directly sold off the sales floor for each sales transaction.
ANN TAYLOR, Skokie (Old Orchard Mall), IL
June 2005 - January 2006
Operated cash register, opened credit card accounts, and quickly returned merchandise to floor. Performed fast processing of transactions, including precise folding of tissue paper, and managing of apparel.
- In preparation of store visits from upper management, was invited a number of times and stayed much beyond closing time to ensure major store set changes are ready before the store opens.
- Assisted with visuals using planograms, helped determined when merchandise needs to be replenished, and placed back merchandise to proper locations.
BANANA REPUBLIC, Aurora (Chicago Premium Outlets Mall), IL
May 2004 - January 2005
Operated cash register, opened credit cards, and delivered outstanding customer service. Assisted in merchandise replenishment, placing back merchandise to proper locations. Placed new signage as well as pointing out to management misleading or incorrect signage.
- Physically contributed to the opening of the new Chicago Premium Outlets Mall location in 2004 by performing rapid processing of product, assisting in visual placement of product using planograms, and precise folding with folding boards.
- Increased efficiency in sales by re-organizing merchandise back-stock of the mass volume of “Martin Fit” pants so co-workers can easily locate specific sizes and lengths on a high shelf that needed to be accessed by ladder.
- Worked under pressure during black-out with no electricity in use and had to calculate sales tax and add on paper receipts as accurately as possible.
EXPRESS, Skokie (Old Orchard Mall), IL
Wrap Desk Coordinator / Sales Associate
May 1999 - January 2002
Operated cash register, opened credit cards, and was taught how to rapidly process incoming stock.
- Promptly learned specific folding patterns of “perfect-fold” shirts with two different sized folding boards and make crisp denim folds from the yoke to implement them frequently as much as possible.
- Ensured marketing plans were carried out by providing customers promotional discount cards. Once persuaded 11 customers to open Express credit card accounts in one day.